JC Higgins two man tent

Forum Forums Sears Catalog Products JC Higgins two man tent

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shick 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Shick
    Participant

Hello, I recently purchased a J.C. Higgins, two man tent (see attached pictures). What I’d really like to know is when Sears & Roebuck started offering this style tent in this color, but if I had to narrow it down, I’d like to know if Sears offered this style and color tent before or during 1949. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

FCSIII
    Participant

Hello, I recently purchased a J.C. Higgins, two man tent (see attached pictures). What I’d really like to know is when Sears & Roebuck started offering this style tent in this color, but if I had to narrow it down, I’d like to know if Sears offered this style and color tent before or during 1949. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Shick, I could find no colors other than Forest Green or Olive Drab from 1947 thru 1955. The design of the label was used in the early ’50’s, and perhaps late ’40’s. My sources, which are extensive, are limited to one example catalog for each year/season. Your blue tent was probably a regional variation from an area of the country I don’t have catalogs for. Frank

Shick
    Participant

Frank, Thanks for taking a look for me. Your information was most helpful. Again, thank you.
    Travis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.