Sears 1963 Nativity

Forum Forums Sears Catalog Products Sears 1963 Nativity

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FCSIII 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ndb12345
    Participant

My Grandfather built these back in the 60’s. I believe they were purchased through Sears from my investigation. The decals are peeling but the wood frames are still in great condition. I’d like to order the decals but am having a difficult time finding them and thought I would start in this forum. Does anyone know any details about this Nativity?, Where I might be able to find vinyl screen prints so I could redo them for my family for years to come. Greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

FCSIII
    Participant

My Grandfather built these back in the 60’s. I believe they were purchased through Sears from my investigation. The decals are peeling but the wood frames are still in great condition. I’d like to order the decals but am having a difficult time finding them and thought I would start in this forum. Does anyone know any details about this Nativity?, Where I might be able to find vinyl screen prints so I could redo them for my family for years to come. Greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Hi ndb12345, I’m FCSIII, a member of this forum. My suggestion would be to take these items to a decent-sized commercial printing firm in your area. Nowadays they can scan, enhance, and reproduce just about any image. They should be able to restore the vibrancy of the original colors by replacing the faded yellowing. Ask them about the range of mediums (films, plastic veneers, etc.) they can laser print the images onto; whatever could be best attached to the backing
    board cut-outs you have. It might be a little pricey, but not too bad.

ndb12345
    Participant

Thank you very much. My hope was that I could get a scan of the sears catalog page that the nativity was on, to maybe see who the manufacturer was.

I appreciate the direction and will look into commercial printing.

FCSIII
    Participant

Thank you very much. My hope was that I could get a scan of the sears catalog page that the nativity was on, to maybe see who the manufacturer was.

I appreciate the direction and will look into commercial printing.

Hey ndb12345, I was able to find 2 versions of your Nativity set on my
    own site on Etsy.com called Sears Catalogs Search. I only charge 50 cents per page photographed, and the pix are emailed to you, once your funds clear Etsy (you may need to join Etsy in order to buy). To submit your request simply log on to my site’s Main Page, and Click Contact Owner. The 2 versions I screen shot were of the exact same figures, but in a different arrangement. The colors in the pix will help the commercial printer to find a perfect match for each on his scanner’s palette. The URL: etsy.com/shop/searscatalogsearch?ref=I2-shopheader-name
    Frank

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  FCSIII.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.